Moving a pile of unwanted stuff to a new address is not a good idea for any homeowner. When packers and movers de-clutter a house for packing & loading of movables, extra baggage of used items comes up to make you worry about whether to take them away with you or dispose of them as waste. Handling old, broken, & leftover things is not what you want to do while packing your house for the next day move but there is no other option left for you. If you are stressing over the things that you can’t decide whether to move them with other goods or to get rid of then just give a quick read to this blog!!
When your packers & movers are there to packing your valuable belongings you can simply spend your spare in piling up the objects that you can either throw away or donate to the needy. Check out the below-described list of things that you can leave behind while walking to your new residence with any moving company:
1. Sell or recycle outdated electronic appliances: If you haven’t yet disposed of those old-fashioned electronics then this time is ideal to do so. Once you replace your electronic appliances with the new ones, they are no more useful to you. All those outdated electric gadgets & devices like computers, cameras, televisions, mobile phones, etc. not only take unnecessary space in your storeroom but also collect dust from years to years.
Rather than carrying a load of trash along with other movables while moving with packers & movers service providers, it is better to dispose them to local scrap collectors or sell them to electronic retailers so that they can recycle their spare parts.
2. Donate useless media products: Nowadays, we are no longer using CDs, DVDs, old gaming consoles, Blu-rays, & other pieces of setups used for media & entertainment. There is no reason to move any of those old media products to your new home as you won’t be using them anymore. But you can easily sell them off to people who collect these types of mass-market media items at a good price.
It will be beneficial for you to give away these media items on sites like eBay, Amazon, Glyde, or another eCommerce portal as you can use that money for budgeting your upcoming move with packers and movers.
3. Throw away old liquids such as paints, oils: Nothing is messier that carrying leftover liquids with your goods to a new location. You never know when these old liquids spill over the packed cardboard cartons & seep in to damage your expensive crockery or décor items. It is better to keep them away or dispose of them when you are moving with packers and movers.
4. Resell damaged home furniture or décor items: Many families plan to replace their old sofa sets, dining table, shoe racks, etc. to match the modern interiors of their new home. If you are also thinking of purchasing new furniture after moving your home then it is better to donate them to someone who needs them more than you. You can also list your furniture on reselling sites so that you can get a good amount of money to increase your budget to purchase a brand new sofa set for your new home.
5. Finish all the foodstuffs you have: Before moving, make sure that spices and cooked dishes are used. You can either feed leftover food to stray animals or donate them to hungry people. Ensure that food is not stable & suitable to be consumed by anyone.
6. Get rid of damaged pet supplies: Your furry friend might be playing with broken toys or accessories for so long. Don’t think again to get some new toys for your beloved pet so that you can make new memories with your loving dog at a new place. At this point, you must focus on reducing baggage your moving as much as you can as there is nothing to worry about pet moving because packers and movers are there to take responsibility for shifting them with utmost care.
7. Avoid carrying no-so-useful kitchen items: Your packers and movers will pack and load all sorts of kitchenware such as utensils, Tupperware, knives, cutting boards, bowls, cups, mugs, crockery items, etc. carefully. But is it necessary to waste your precious time & energy in packing old blender that you haven’t used more than once? Of course not! You must sell or donate some selective things kept in the kitchen so that you can make space for those kitchen wares that are in regular use.
8. Give or donate your books: If you are not a hardcore book lover then you can give them to those who are interested to have them. Since you are not going to read one book, again and again, it is better to donate them to a library or a person who likes to have them in his/her collection.
On your way to moving to a new residence, you get a chance to clean up your home & get rid of items that are no more useful for you. If you still feel confused about this topic then you can take suggestions from your packers & movers to have a stress-less shifting experience.